March 18, 2013

Warp Derby Portfolio Assignment

Here is the car frame I have been working on for the past week. The idea behind this model is that we'll be able to use it as the base for every car in the game. This will hopefully let us attach different body parts, tires, warp cannons and other pieces to allow players to customize their car in-game.




A goal of mine was to keep this frame under 3k triangles, since most of it will be hidden by mesh added onto it. I have ~300 triangles left in my budget to add more detail possibly on the bottom of the frame, in the engine, or as steering gear.

In my opinion the textures still need more work to get them closer to the quality in Warp Derby, but this feels like a step in the right direction.

Please feel free to leave me some feedback on what I can do to make this look even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment