March 11, 2013

3D Concept Process

In our first semester at FIEA, we were taught a method of creating concepts using Maya.

These images show the variations I came up with for the missile our turret shoots in Warp Derby. The final product that was created is based on the concept that my team leads liked the most.

 These are some of the concepts I was working with, starting from left to right. The original missile looked more like a bullet so I started with variations on that shape and built from there as I made more shapes. The final missile I ended up finishing is the 4th from the left.

And here is the final product.
It's not the biggest and baddest looking thing in our game, but hopefully I can expand this post later with more assets of mine that are made with this method.

No comments:

Post a Comment